Saturday, February 2, 2019

Brand positing of "Hard"Drinks



Ok. Here comes my disclaimer before you read this article. "I, Pratik Vaghani (non-alcoholic) am writing this article with fully consciousness (not been drunk) and without any undue influence of any drunked friends. This article is purely on hard-drinks - that does not mean I consume it. My over possessive family members should not judge me. Just sit back and enjoy reading".

I got this instinct to write this article after I got a chance to drink a red wine when I was in Rajasthan. This was my first attempt to drink a hard drink. I had always heard from people, friends, relatives, specially colleagues to have a drink party. I never attended one but this time I did not want to miss it. I was very excited that today as I was going to drink my first sip of "DARU". The feeling was like - as if it was my first day in college, first night after marriage and first day at job - Too much exicted to nail it.

So the stage is set, today a non-alcoholic guys is going to sacrifice virginity of his thirsty liver. All friends gathered around with the shining smiling faces as if they have gathered to see a strip show of Thailand.

Cheers !! Let the party begin.

Hear I go, the first sip in the throat. "eeeeeee" was my reaction, the complete sip was out on the dry sands of Jaisalmer. "This is so bitter, how do you guys enjoy drinking this shit" were my words.

At that time, a question came that blew my mind.

This hard drinks, being so much bitter. How do people enjoy it so much? I hated it to be frank.
      
First, I would applaud for the person who made first alcohol in the world. It is completly made from rotten fruits and grains (of course, wastage is saved) and then made a juice out of it which is completely bitter OR with no taste. Completely useless.

How would any guys think that the shit (rotten fruit juice) he has made …. people will sit down and have a party out of it, people will spend so much money on it. The only and most powerful advertisement is used to market it - "Word of mouth".

Can anyone solve this mystery -

How was the first liquor being placed in market (It takes a lot of courage to sell a shit in market)
How was that brand positioned (How can you tell someone to drink something that tastes bitter and is harmful to your liver)
How was the price determined (Was it given for free to get addicted to it - Like Reliance Jio)

If you can resolve this questions with subject to liquor - you can be a marketing guru. 

2 comments:

  1. I have read the book, stay Hungry Stay Foolish. That's where people take a leap of faith.
    But here the Paradigm shift to the phrase is challenging the most popular, loved & criticised drink known to human thus far. Not sure if the Samudra Manthan was for the same reasons.
    Your blog has two questions.
    1. How
    2. Why

    How is available on Wikipedia:
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_alcoholic_drinks

    Why is under construction since than. Everyone has a different reason, valid to it's core, individually & not agreed by others, which is not a matter of discussion or disagreement, unless both are drunk.
    Human is an emotional animal & has always been fluid in it's feelings.
    This is one such liquid which adds to that stream of emotions & brings out laughter, pain, grief, anger, wisdom, preachings, necessary, unnecessary, etc. Etc.

    Unless you get in the water, talking swimming will be largely theoretical.
    See you soon at the pool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pratik.. te sharuat ej khoti kari.. wine no taste specific hoy chhe. ask ur friends who drink .. k shu pela taste karay.. atlo daru duniya bhar ma atlo mongho emnem na vachay. and loko emnem paisa na aape for a shitty drink .. so go again a choose a mast drink to start off.

    ReplyDelete